Thursday, December 2, 2010

obedience

I am learning obedience to the Lord. To hear His voice and follow His direction, even when it kind of seems a little crazy. I'd followed His direction and attempted some things that fell through, which shook up my confidence in my ability to hear His voice, and for a while I distanced myself, afraid that what I thought I was hearing Him speak was in fact my own imagination. Or something. But the Lord, ever so faithful, has continued to direct me and as I've begun to seek His counsel and direction once again, things are intensifying.

Last week the Lord directed me to do something totally out of character for me, and I obeyed, despite my own trepidation. To my complete surprise, I had a positive response and I could hear the Lord chuckling, saying, "See? I told you it'd be alright!" So that gives me confidence that I am obeying Him in something else He's directing me to do that is much, much bigger, and happening soon, and going to change everything. I'm a little scared, because I don't have the means to make it happen, but if He wants it done, He'll make a way. I'm trusting in His goodness and His providence. And getting ready to obey.

Sometimes following Him seems crazy, or goofy, or pointless, and often it requires us to "put ourselves out there," risking embarassment or humiliation or whatever. But I guess if our reputations aren't at stake, it's not really obedience--it doesn't really require trust, does it?

I love You, Jesus, and I'll follow you anywhere. Even if it's kind of scary.

No comments:

Post a Comment