Friday, September 5, 2008

hurricane a'comin!

So Tropical Storm Hanna is moving right this way, and the college has suspended all activities for today and tomorrow, which means that I, effectively, have nothing to do! Well, after classes and work tonight (which hopefully shouldn't go late enough to be affected by the storm coming). I guess that means it's time for me to update.

This summer, I have: been given a car (have I mentioned this already? I forget-that's what happens when you don't blog very often, you forget what you've blogged about!). I have been gifted with some surprise money; given an additional scholarship; had a job fall into my lap; made new friends; and started the ball rolling on the Honors Club of which I am president. And it's only the second week of school! Granted, the last 2.5 weeks have been enough to make anybody feel a little crazy, but things are starting to fall into a routine and I am adjusting my schedule so I hopefully will not continue feeling overwhelmed. I also, after a very bad day Monday, discovered an amazing (and now favorite) drink: a Starbucks white chocolate mocha (decaf) with raspberry flavoring added and whipped cream on top. Mmmmm!

I also realized about three or four weeks ago that I have not given generously in quite some time. The tighter money has gotten, the more I have held onto it rather than giving it as I should. I decided to change that and began giving more (beyond my tithe, which has been given all along) and gave an amount that was fairly substantial for me (i.e. I couldn't really afford it). However, within days of doing that, I recieved a good bit of surprise money and literally had a job fall into my lap-one that fits well within my schedule. So now I work as a cashier at a little restaurant less than a mile from my house.

The Dead Sea Scrolls are at the Museum of Natural History in Raleigh. I am going to try to put together a trip for the Honors Club to go and see them. How awesome would that be?

I guess that's enough for now. It's not particularly funny or exciting or interesting, but that's basically life in a nutshell right now (the post, not the funny/exciting/interesting). I am also trying to decide the best way to continue my education, but keep going back and forth on my choices. Hmmm.

Bethany

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I was reading your blog and noticed you got something a little off. I just got back from seeing the Scrolls myself (they are amazing by the way). They are at the Museum of Natural Sciences. the Museum is right next to the History Museum but I just didn't want you to have trouble finding them. The exhibit is awesome. The audio comes with the ticket price and is such a wonderful addition. Hope you and your club enjoy!

    ReplyDelete