Thursday, March 27, 2008

the world goes on and on

Two nights ago at school, in center campus, a Christian singer named Jessie Campbell gave a concert. Half the songs she sang are songs I learned at Teen Mania, and it made me a little bit homesick, or nostalgic, or something along those lines. I miss people who talk about God as though He's their best friend. I miss conversations revolving around God, faith, the Bible, etc. I miss that every week, sometimes every day (as happened at the end of my intern year) you could have an amazing conversation at dinner, in the dorms, or just about anywhere else. I miss sharing my heart. I do not, however, miss the demon ants. ;-)

I have six weeks left in school, then exams. I am trying not to think about the amount of work I need to get done between now and then.

BattleCry is this weekend, and I do not have the funds to go. I'm disappointed, but am making plans to go out to Texas again this summer. THAT would be amazing. I'm not able to go on a mission trip (at least, I don't think so), but...

I'm planning to go to the United Arab Emirates. In January. On a school trip. How amazing is that? We'll do all sorts of amazing things-visiting a mosque, learn about Islam from the imams (religious leaders), visit the U.S. Embassy, meet Christians living there (with the opportunity to discuss their experience living in a Muslim nation), visit museums and landmarks, a bazaar, a rural village and even an overnight "desert safari" including a stay in a Bedouin camp. WOW! Wow wow wow wow wow... And the cost, while not set in stone yet, is very affordable, especially with nine months to gather the money. I am so, so, so unbelievably excited about this trip! What an opportunity-to learn about Islam from the leaders themselves...oh, wow! *happysigh*

How are you, friends? I haven't heard from most of you in a while. That means you should drop me a line hello!

Blessings and peace to you.

Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment