Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Compassion makes the heart expand

A couple of weeks ago I received a letter from my new sponsored child (through Compassion International), a beautiful young woman named Allen who lives in southern Uganda. She wrote that she wished to visit America so she could see "my place," that she was thankful I had chosen to sponsor her, and wrote of her family and favorite things (her favorite food is fish). Her favorite Bible verse is Hosea 6:1, which says, "Come and let us return to the Lord, for He has torn so that He may heal us; He has stricken so that He may bind us up," (Amplified). When I got to the very bottom of the page, I stopped and stared, and began to cry. It was then that I knew the Lord had specifically directed me to this young woman. For what purpose, I do not yet know, but it was clear the Lord had done something special. Why was this part of the page so important? Because it is where she had written her dream for the future.

Her dream is to be a nurse. Just like me.

Praise You, Father.

[[Revelation Song]]
Worthy is the
Lamb Who was slain,
Holy, holy is He.
Sing a new song
To Him who sits on
Heaven's mercy seat

Holy, holy, holy
Is the Lord God almighty,
Who was and is and is to come
With all creation I sing
Praise to the King of kings!
You are my everything,
And I will adore you!

Clothed in rainbows
Of living color;
Flashes of lightning
Rolls of thunder...
Blessing and honor, strength and
Glory and power be
To you the only one King!

Filled with wonder,
Awestruck wonder
At the mention of your name!
Jesus, Your name is power,
Breath and living water!
Such a marvelous mystery!

No comments:

Post a Comment